Yellow Cab Company Ltd. and its affiliated companies, including
Metropolitan (Metro) Taxicabs Ltd.
Yellow Executive Cab Company Ltd.
B.C. COMPUTERIZED DISPATCH CO. LTD.
WiFi Cabs Ltd.
LIMO JET GOLD EXPRESS LTD.
(together “YC”, “us”, “we”)
- TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect personal information from you when you install the YC App on your mobile device, save or otherwise provide your personal information to us, such as by setting up a user account and password, logging in as a registered user, making an order for our services, providing information in your account (and you might have more than one, if you’ve set up more than one account with us), interacting with us by using the YC App, the telephone, e-mail, or through our websites, mobile optimized websites or otherwise or if you complete an entry form to participate in a contest, promotion or survey that we organize. As a result of these actions, you might supply us with personal information, such as your name, e-mail and postal addresses, phone number(s), credit card information, survey information and financial information and in certain circumstances, your opinions (including data relative to your evaluation of drivers) and individual preferences. We, or service providers providing services to us, or being contracted or subcontracted to us or by us, may also acquire information about you and maintain a record of your information, as well as our present and future affiliates or divisions (collectively, “YC Affiliates”).
When you use the YC App or visit our websites, we may also gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include without limitation, your location, your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other device identifiers, location and date/time stamp. YC and our service providers will use and store this information to provide you with location based services, search results, and other personalized content. YC will provide notifications only to those customers who accept to receive such notifications. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device. However, if you disable the location service in you mobile device, the YC App will cease to function correctly as the location service is essential to its use.
The YC App and YC’s websites are directed for people 13 years old and older. YC does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. Those under age 13 should not use the YC App, YC’s various websites or mobile applications or provide YC with any personal information. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as practicable.
- PURPOSES FOR WHICH YOUR INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
YC may use your personal information to
- provide you our taxi and taxi related services, including processing payment,
- collect precise location data on you and the driver and vehicle assigned to you;
- provide you with information or answer questions about the status of your order for our services;
- administer your account and contact you;
- facilitate communications including collecting information about your device information, your phone number and the content of your SMS messages
- communicate with you (via our mobile applications, by telephone, by push notification, e-mail, post or otherwise) and provide you with promotional materials and additional information regarding our services, products, surveys, contests, promotions and special offers;
- help us learn more about your preferences and interactions with our services; and
- conduct marketing and performance research, to assist us in measuring our service, benchmarking our performance and to help us improve our experiences, services and product offerings. As provided below, you may always choose not to receive promotional materials or marketing information.
- YOUR INFORMATION AND THIRD PARTIES
The information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of Canada by us or by one or more YC Affiliates. By way of example, this may happen if any of the servers used by us or by any YC Affiliates are from time to time located in a country outside of Canada or a YC Affiliate is located in a country outside of Canada. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to Canada. If we transfer your information outside of Canada in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. We may use third parties for the fulfilment of our obligations hereunder.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, and as necessary to protect the property, interests and rights of YC and the YC Affiliates.
- INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
Mobile platforms (such as iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that mobile applications cannot access without your consent. Your consent is required differently from one mobile platform to the other. For example: (i) the iOS platform will alert you the first time a mobile application requires permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request; (ii) Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the mobile application seeks before you first use the mobile application and your use of the application constitutes your consent. Should you need more information on this subject, please refer to the website of the relevant mobile platform.
- RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, other YC Affiliates or third parties that we entrust with such a task, or if you do not want us to use your information to enhance your experience, please let us know by using one of the following methods:
- call us at (604)258 4700, or
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- send your request to YC Privacy Officer, 1441 Clark Drive, Vancouver, BC, V5L3K9
Please be sure to include your full name and the e-mail address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. It may take up to 2 weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from YC, YC Affiliates or third parties. You may also unsubscribe from YC’s email services by using the unsubscribe link situated at the bottom of any promotional message you receive from YC.
- ACCESSING OR CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT, OR MAKING INQUIRIES OR COMPLAINTS IN RELATION TO THIS POLICY AND YC’S PRIVACY PRACTICES
Yellow Cab Company Ltd.
1441 Clark Drive,
Vancouver, BC, V5L3K9
If you have consented to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information as identified herein, please note that you can also withdraw your consent at any time by communicating with our privacy officer as provided above.
- SECURING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CHANGES TO OUR POLICY